Directorate of Academic, Research and Consultancy
The overall objective of the Academic, Research and Consultancy directorate shall be to manage and coordinate long and short course training, research and consultancy services in the entire Agency. The Directorate shall also advise the CEO on matters pertaining to academics, research and consultancy services.
The Directorate has two Sections, namely Training and Applied Research & Consultancy.
Academics section functions
- To manage and coordinate long and short course training,
- Also advise the Chief Executive on matters pertaining to training
- Review teaching activities and identifying and implementing strategies designed to improve outcomes for students.
- Develop, apply and review strategies through consideration of disciplinary and or learning and teaching research, and through effective collaboration with other staff
- Design and implement exercises and activities to facilitate student’s academic improvement.
- Supervise education planning and curricula review
Research & Consultancy functions
- Conduct research and consultancy works;
- Participate and provide inputs in research and consultancy works on livestock production
- Networking with other institutions dealing with Research and Consultancy
- Coordinate and organise Training on Research methodology